This privacy notice sets out how we will process personal data we collect from or about you, or which you provide to us.
Our website and services may contain links to independent websites which are not provided by us. Such independent sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies.
We may change the privacy notice from time to time by amending this page.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679, the data controller is Taylor Lindsey Ltd a company registered in England under company number 519939, whose registered address is 98 Searby Road, Lincoln, LN2 4DT.
What type of information will we collect from you?
The personal information we collect from you will typically include the following:
- Full name and contact details (including your contact number, email and postal address).
- Information relating to your identity where we are required by law to collect this to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and the Immigration Act.
- Banking details where we require these to pay money to you.
- Details about your areas of interest where we may wish to contact you about available properties.
- Your communications with us, including a record of the email or telephone correspondence created when you contact us.
On what basis can we process your information?
The legal grounds under data protection legislation for processing your personal data are as follows:
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you.
- You have given us your personal data to enable us to contact you about properties.
- It is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate business interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation or where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
- What are we going to do with your information?
We will hold and use personal information about you in the following ways:
- To fulfil our obligations to you in the course of our business.
- To comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations, including verifying your identity, prevention of fraud and money laundering and to assess your credit worthiness.
- To communicate with you during the course of business, including providing you with information about properties we feel may interest you.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
How long we keep your data for?
We will retain your personal data for different periods depending on the nature of the business relationship we have with you. We may hold your data for a longer period where we are under regulatory or statutory duties or need to retain it in the event of a legal claim or complaint.
Who your information will be shared with?
We may pass your details to organisations who carry out certain activities on our behalf as part of our business: e.g. property management agents, solicitors, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, debt collection agencies, cloud computing host providers, technical support service providers, energy performance surveyors, property surveyors, tenant referencing, and property maintenance contractors.
We may be under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Your right of access
You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification
You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure
You can ask us to delete or remove personal data. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, following your request.
Your right to restriction of processing
You have the right at any time to withdraw or restrict any consent you have given us to process your personal data. Please note if you withdraw or restrict your consent, it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your personal data we have carried out before you withdrew your consent.
Your right to object to processing
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. In some cases where you object, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Your right to data portability
You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Complaints about the use of your personal data
If you wish to raise a complaint about our handling of your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated by writing to Taylor Lindsey Ltd, 98 Searby Road, Lincoln, LN2 4DT.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details can be found at www.ico.org.uk or 0303 123 1113.